Thursday, March 27, 2014

Only Human

Hey guys! I'm sorry for the long wait, I've been struggling with depression, anxiety, and panic attacks again recently and I took some time away from everything. It gave me a lot of time to think. In my faith, I struggle greatly with feeling like I have to be perfect before God will ever accept me. But through some fantastic support, I'm changing the way I think. Coming to realize that I will never be perfect but that God loves me and reaches out for me anyway has been incredibly uplifting. A mentor in our youth group said, "Every day I wake up is a new day. God doesn't care about what I did yesterday, what I did today, or even what I'll do tomorrow. His grace expands over all my life, each and every day."

Though this quote is completely true, I still have to remember that God's grace is not just a 'one and done' thing. It doesn't mean that I can go do whatever I want and then just ask for forgiveness. Thats basically an abusive relationship with Jesus Christ. He longs for our love just as much as we crave His love. And even as I write this, it just reiterates to myself that this is true, and all of us must ask for God's strength to help us live His way.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares The Lord. 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.'" -Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment